Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fall Air and Clean Sheets

As my life continues to grow difficult and more stress enters every day, I wonder how I can some how survive all that is trying to break me down. It would be so easy for me to just give in to the pressure, buckle and give up. But...I don't want to give up. I'm a fighter in spirit and by nature. I don't have to win at the 'Game of Life', but I'd like to say I at least played a few good rounds. So, to keep my head above water when I'm drowning in my own tears, I think of the simple things, the intangible things in my life that I'm grateful for. When I get down under the pressure, I start to list these things off and suddenly, it is these things that matter that I'm focusing on and not my challenges. This weeks quote fits this perfect, "Instead of telling God how big my storm is, I tell my storm how big my God is." Isn't that the truth.

Blessings and Things I Love(a condensed list)
  • Family that loves faithfully and unconditionally
  • The soft feel of my sons breath on my cheek in the middle of the night
  • Crisp fall air that comes through my windows on a sleepy morning
  • The smell of clean sheets - especially when I'm wrapped up in them
  • The peace I feel after Holy Communion
  • The warmth of the Christmas season
  • The love of a good friend
  • The knowledge that I'm never alone and that God is always with me
  • A cleansing rain storm trickling down my soul
  • My grandma's kisses

What are your favorite things? What things are you blessed by? If you lost everything tomorrow, what would you thank God for?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails