Friday, March 27, 2009

Trying to Get Home

It has been a challenging week in many respects as we've prepared for and laid my sweet precious grandmother to rest. We spent the day today sorting through her home, cleaning, packing, hauling...you know...the fun stuff. Grandma had so many pretty things and it took an entire enclosed trailer and the back of a truck to get the things we're taking back with us loaded up. Now the tricky part is that we're in South Dakota and we're trying to make it back home to Oklahoma. The snow is falling, hammered Colorado and is darting right for Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska...right where we're needing to go. We were hoping to head back tomorrow, but I'm not sure how well that will work with a truck hauling a trailer and bad weather. So it looks like my plans to get home and get rested are going right out the window. Of course, the safety of our family is paramount to any desire to get home.

I can't help but feel a little frustrated. In general, I'm a person who likes to take charge, to embrace leadership and to get things accomplished. I like to have a bit of control on my life and not let the world get it all hairied up and out of control. Needless to say, this week, loosing a part of my heart, was quite out of my control and now the weather. I'm exacerbated. I'm really needing to get back home, to get back to some semblance of normalcy, to try and get my life moving forward again. I could just curse this weather system. One more day. All I needed was one more day. GRRRRRR!

Now that I have that out, please think about my family. Hopefully we'll make it home soon. Fingers crossed. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails