Friday, August 21, 2009

Imagine This...


A while back, I received a wonderful little gift in a book called Mocha with Max by Max Lucado. I pull this book out from time to time to enjoy the fresh sentiments on life and what it is God's really trying to whisper, or possibly shout, to us.

Today, I stumbled across one that really spoke to me and I want to share it with you.

"No one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9, NCV

"Try this. Imagine a perfect world. Whatever that means to you, imagine it. Does that mean peace? Then envision absolute tranquility. Does a perfect world imply joy? Then create your highest happiness. Will a perfect world have love? If so ponder a place where love has no bounds. Whatever heaven means to you, imagine it. Get it firmly fixed in your mind. Delight in it. Dream about it. Long for it.
And then smile as God reminds you, 'No one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.' When it comes to describing heaven, we are all happy failures."

Prayer
~ Lord God, today I lift up my dreams, my visions, my wildest and most extravagant imaginations. I lift up the world I dream of and the world I live in. I lift up the way I envision the future and the blessed moments of the reality of today. Lord, I so long for what my souls thirst for and I know the quenching of such thirst is only found in you. God, help me to remember that all things are through you and you make all things work for good. Help me to see the laughter, the joy, the love, the peace and the tranquility that exists all around me and remind me with every breath to be comforted by knowing that these blessings are only the beginning. For Lord, you are the beginning and the end. You are the creator. You are the conductor of the opus of my life and the harmony you create cannot possibly be heard with human ears. Great are you O God who directs the choir and great are you who loves me beyond the depths of my comprehension. In Jesus' mighty name. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails