Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Prfoundly Unfounded

Ever have one of those days when you just feel like your profoundly intellectually bright? That's not today! Well, for me anyway. Some day's my "ological" brain calls in sick and decides its going to have a mental health day. That is today. I'm not saying I'm incapable of doing the things I need to do, I'm just saying that I would expect me to do them today in any way that would make MIT proud. Today, I'm just goofy brained and I'm okay with that. Needless to say, you will not find a profound blog today, just ramblings of a lady who gave her brain the day off.

So today I get my braces off after two years! I'm very excited about this venture. I have always hated my teeth. You know the saying "you're your own worst critic"? Well, there is no doubt that I am probably the only one who was every bothered by the fact my baby teeth fell out so that smaller teeth could grow in, or the nickle depth space in my top front teeth or the overall misshapen demeanor of my jaw. But, I new every stinkin' detail and I despised it. I especially hated it when someone would ask me to smile and show my teeth. Whaaaat on earth for? Why would anyone want to see my teeth for ever and ever and ever? Needless to say, my husband funded the therapy (braces) to my (since age 12) neurosis. So today, it all comes to an end. I must tell you though that having gone through this as an adult gives me GREAT respect for our little people who have braces. We have tough kiddos let me tell you. There were days when I wanted my mommy my teeth hurt so bad and I'm almost 30.

In other news of the young and unfamous, I've been interviewing for a job as a youth director part-time. I'm really hoping this opportunity presents itself as it will help greatly financially and it will be perfect for my seminary schedule. So prayers are up and fingers crossed there.

Next weekend hubs and I are heading to Dallas with his brother and our sister-in-law to catch a Red Sox game for his brother's birthday. We're all big Red Sox fans and can't wait to check out a game. Hubs really wants to go to Boston for his birthday in September. I told him I'd buy him a lotto ticket for his birthday and if he wins will move there if he'd like. There are days when I just wish that money tree would start to produce fruit, but my trees just have vibrant cores I guess...no "dough".

I'm working on my sermon for Sunday. For those who don't know, my father is also a United Methodist pastor. Him and my mom (still waaay jealous) are heading out of town on Saturday for a two week vaca in Italy. See, you are jealous too now! ;-p Anyway, I'm preaching for dad in his absence. I'm so very excited about this weeks sermon because it's based on The Shack by WM. Paul Young. If you have not read this book, I urge you to do so. It is simply divine! What a great book with deep theological concepts. It takes you to deep places for reflection and has some beautiful imagery for God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I do encourage you to approach it with an open mind though. You will be challenged, but in a loving and gentle way. Back to my original topic, I'm using it as a premise for my sermon this Sunday and I'm very thrilled. I plan on posting the sermon Sunday after I give it, so come back to check it out. By the way, you can also download the audiobook of The Shack from iTunes. I listened to the audiobook on my travels back and forth from home to Kansas City this summer for seminary. There were so many times when I was talk back to it and say "yes", "amen", "preach it", that I finally decided I needed the hard copy so I could use it for sermon's. So glad I did that.

Speaking of that sermon, I bet get to working on it some more. Many blessings to all of you. Peace and love in Jesus Christ, today and everyday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails