Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 17 - Days of Thanks


'I give thanks for the music of this life and for the ability to sing these songs to others. Lord open my heart and find the strings welcoming you to play them for the the glory of your Kingdom.'
  • I'm thankful for seminary, my classmates and those instructors who have instilled in me a deeper faith and respect for the One I love the most.
  • I'm thankful for the blessing of being able to dream of, reach for and attain an education.
  • I'm thankful for my love of learning.
  • I'm thankful for the presence of the Lord in every fiber of the fabric that is my life.
  • I'm thankful to have been called to serve others and I'm thankful I finally stopped turning from that call.
  • I'm thankful for the courage, the hope and the faith to persue what is not easy, but precisouly vital.
  • I'm thankful for all that is to come ... even those moments that will challenge me to be a person better today than I was yesterday.
  • I'm thankful for a church and a God who accepts me as woman, created by the hands of the Creator, and allows me a place to preach, a place to serve, a place to carry out the work of the Lord.
  • I'm thankful for a family who has supported me beyond description in my pursuit of a career in ministry and I'm thankful for the churches who have embraced me.
  • I'm thankful for the classmates and colleagues who build me up.
  • I'm thankful!!!!

post signature



Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Christy said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Wonderful things to be thankful for....


GOD Bless

Toknowhim said...

Thanks for also stopping by my blog today and leaving an encouraging word...

PS. Your little one is adorable!!!

Freddae' said...

Thanks ladies! I really enjoy your blogs too!

Joyeful said...

It's wonderful to meet you, Freddae! You mentioned you're in seminary! How exciting!

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Love this post and especially this thought... "I'm thankful to have been called to serve others and I'm thankful I finally stopped turning from that call." Isn't it incredible how liberating it is to submit to God's will for our lives? Aren't the blessings of joining His activity so awesome?!! Love it!
Joyfully,
Wylie

Freddae' said...

Joye - I am in seminary and I LOVE it. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would be where I'm at today, but that just goes to show how powerful God is in moving mountains...I'm one big mountain to move (very stubborn). ;-p

Wylie - I was so afraid to respond to God's call because I knew it was going to ask much more of me and I wasn't sure I had 'much more' to give. But when I quite hanging on to what I thought I needed and I turned back to God and submitted to the call on my life and followed that all powerful and loving voice, I could see colors I didn't know existed. It's not been easy, but one theologian, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, once said, 'if it's easy, we should ask if it's of Christ.'

Related Posts with Thumbnails