Photo Courtesy of House to Home
I have borrowed this 'Christmas List' idea from Bugs and Boys
1. Does your family send Christmas cards?
Every year and I'm admitidly obsessive about it. I usually order them the first part of November so that I'm stuffing and addressing by mid-November and putting them in the mail the day before Thanksgiving. I love getting Christmas cards so I'm pretty on point with sending them out.
2. How soon do you start shopping?:
I don't do last minute or Black Friday shopping because I know my limits with people. I want to avoid tempting my ugly side. ;-p I shop throughout the year. Thanks mom for teaching me the good habit. This way the costs are deadly at the end of the year and I avoid Christmas debt. Plus, I can take advantage of great deals/sales through the year.
3. Who do you shop for?:
Everyone. I'd give every person something if I could, so I do what I can. Christmas cards are usually a decent bill between the card and the postage, so most everyone gets that. Then I focus on our immediate family...parents, children, siblings, nieces/nephews. I try and do something nice for my babysitter and neighbors and friends...but it depends on what we can do. Sometimes, it might just be a bone for their dog.
4. Do you put up a Christmas tree?:
The day after Thanksgiving.
5. If so, is it fake or real?:
Fake. I've never had a real tree as my parents had one and it ruined their vacuum, so no more there. And now, Hubs is allergic.
6. Do you like tinsel?:
No. It's too much of a mess.
7. Do you use homemade or store bought ornaments?:
Both. Ham picks out a new ornament each year and I pick one out to celebrate our marriage.
8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?:
Hubs is Clark Griswold.
9. Do you put lights on the tree?:
10. How about popcorn and cranberries?:
Never have but it might be fun to try when Ham is older.
11. Is there a wreath hanging on your door?:
13. Do you hang up your stocking?:
Yes...one for each of us.
14. Does your family read "Twas the night before Christmas?":
Ham and I do.
15. Christmas Movie?:
Rudolph, Frosty (NOT FROSTY RETURNS), Santa Claus (Tim Allen), Mickey Christmas Carol, Home Alone, Love Actually
16. Character from any Christmas Movie:
17. Christmas Song:
I like Run, Run Rudolph...but I love all of them, especially Christmas Hymns like First Noel and O' Holy Night.
18. Christmas Memory:
She previous post.
19. Give or Receive?:
Give...I'm a giver to a fault.
22. Ham or Turkey?:
Our family tradition is Oyster Soup and Chili, with shrimp cocktail and punch as we open gifts.
24. White Lights or Colored Lights?
25. Blinking Lights or Still Lights:
26. Were you Naughty or Nice this year?:
Depends on who you ask. LOL! - That's funny, Billie, and I agree.
27. What do you want for Christmas this year?:
Another baby. More time with my grandma. To be 100% debt free. For TRUE peace on earth. To love Jesus more. For family to learn to love each other. For another good year. For health and happiness.
28. When do you open your gifts?:
Christmas Eve...mostly. Then we open small stocking gifts on Christmas morning.
29. What's the best gift you've ever gotten?:
My son...it was Christmas in May.
30. What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?:
I don't know....
31. Who gives you the most gifts?:
Hubs and mom/dad.
32. Have you ever had a secret Santa?:
33. Do you like wrapping gifts?:
34. Do you put change in those red buckets?:
I used to. Not so much anymore. We have a couple of favorite charities that we try to donate to instead. - Exactly Billie.
35. Do you burn a yule log?:
36. Can you name all the reindeer?:
Rudolph!!!! That's it right?!
37. Do you bake cookies?:
38. Have you ever seen your mommy kissing Santa Clause?:
39. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?:
I actually don't think I have.
41. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?:
Each and every year we take one night to drive around and look at the lights. We put Christmas music on the radio, have hot cocoa and peppermint coffee for me and soak it all up.
42. Have you ever left Santa cookies?:
43. Have you ever sat on Santa's lap?:
When I was younger.
44. Who do you celebrate Christmas with?:
Hubs, Ham, and lots of extended family members.
45. Where do you celebrate Christmas?:
At my parents home, usually.
46. Have you ever had a white Christmas?:
I grew up in Colorado so I almost always had one. Now that I live in Oklahoma, it's extremely rare. I LOVE white Christmas'.
47. What part of Christmas do you look most forward to?:
Time with my family and now watching my son light up. I also love Christmas Eve service at church.
48. Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa?:
49. Does your family always take pictures at Christmas?
Yes, but there are not of the formal variety.
50. Have you ever heard the song "Thank God For The Kids"?: