Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Don't Harsh My Mellow



You know how there are just some days that challenge you and leave you feeling completely beat up?  I have had one of those days.  Maybe my sensitivty is heightened because I've been separated from my family for three weeks.  Maybe my exhaustion is compounded by not only the mental scholastic labor I've been doing but the tremendous spiritual work I've been tending to.  Maybe...maybe today...as my friend says...I was the bug and someone else, something else, was the windshield.

I can't go into today's drama much because of confidentiality and frankly political reasons, but, I'm just feeling a little crossed eyed.  I wonder why it seems so difficult sometimes for people to do the right thing, to extend a hand of compassion and understanding, to give grace and not 'hateful face'.  Really, why can't we all just get along?

A little understanding, a generous dash of compassion and a heap of faith can make an enormous difference in the demeanor of the world. In other words...don't harsh my mellow!


While others are making lemonade out of lemons, I'm gonna take my "harshed mellow" and make smores!!!!

 
post signature


Bookmark and Share





Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

15 comments:

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

While others are making lemonade out of lemons, I'm gonna take my "harshed mellow" and make smores!!!!

I love that!!!
Wylie

Andrea said...

Add me in...making snores with ya,
andrea

Rachel said...

That's great!
I pray that you experience God's great love and joy this week. :D

God bless!!
~Rachel M. from Hopejourney~

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Love it, going to remember that one.

:) Marcia

Kris said...

Ahhh...that looks so good!! Stoppying by from SITS! Have a blessed day.

A sister in Christ...

summernicole said...

this post made me smile :) now I want smores!! I love you friend!!

Anonymous said...

Ecclesiastes 3

When trying times come, remember there is a purpose under heaven for everything.

Still, stand in grace and know that He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Praying that today, you feel His comfort through others.

Kat @ www.TodaysCliche.com said...

Your blog is so informative and clever. Can't wait to try most of your recent posts. I intend to stop by again!
Our blogs are semi-similar; I'd love your feedback about mine, if you have a sec!
www.TodaysCliche.com. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Please visit me to pick up an award!
Wylie

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! Wish I wasn't on a diet.!

A 2 Z said...

Kindness is contagious but sometimes it is scarce! : )

Andrea said...

Hi Freddae'! Spreading some sunshine your way! Check out my blog!

Becka said...

I love smores,
Im sorry to hear you are down,
but just keep in mind our GOD never lets us down,

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I contemplate the post should acquire more info then it has.

Related Posts with Thumbnails