(Snowboarder flies through rings to kick off the opening ceremonies)
Photo by: The Associate Press
Wow! What a night! CGM was buzzing about on Twitter during the ceremonies and enjoyed a great tweet party with others Olympic fans who were chirping away via #openingceremonies.
Here are a few of my favorite things about the opening ceremonies:
1. The presentation of the countries. It's fun to see all of the different countries represented and to learn about population of countries and how many athletes are representing each country. I have to admit I did cry when the athletes of Georgia came out on the BC Center floor.Did I happen to mention "We Are the World" Take-Two??? Uh...major tears y'all. Major!
2. The presentation of the whales was amazing. I totally had the "wow" factor going on.
3. Music by artists like Sarah McLachlan, Joni Mitchell, k.d. Lang, Brian Adams and Nelly Furtado.
4. Ninja skiers and snowboarders. They weren't really ninja's but could totally pull it off.
5. The slam poet who looked like the member of Blue's Traveler and hailed from You Tube. He was an amazing poet...loved it...and love how he was found on You Tube.
6. The Gretzky lighting the Olympic Torch
7. The moment of silence held in recognition of the Olympic athlete we lost yesterday. I thought it was an appropriate and compassionate touch.
Cried...didn't you? POWERFUL! I can't wait to live in a world where we realize we are suppose to love each other. Come one world...let's get it together!
Did you watch the ceremonies? What did you think? What were your favorite moments?
Fun fact: China spent appx. $300 million on their opening ceremonies. Canada spent $40 million.