Thursday, April 9, 2009

Good Friday Poem

In preparation for Good Friday, here is a poem for reflection.


The choices, even though You knew the lines

You’d have to cross for me
You made them anyway
Voices, as You knelt there in the garden
‘Neath the olive tree
You heard me call Your name
I cannot pretend to understand it all
But heaven knew the reason You were there

It was all about a man

It was all about a cross

It was all about the blood that was shed

So I would not be lost

It was all about the love

That was bigger than a life

It was all about a freedom that was given

Through Your sacrifice

‘Cause You would rather die

Than to ever live without me

Helpless, that’s humanity

Without Your saving grace

So misled

Selfless, You could have called ten thousand angels

Down to take Your place

But You took mine instead

I cannot pretend to understand it all

But heaven knew the reason You were there

A greater love has no one than this:

That he will lay his life down for his friends

- Jody McBrayer

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails